Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Stencil Play~June 17

Hello!

Hope Summer is going well for everyone so far! As always seems to go by too fast, hahaha!

Had some time to play with some stencils and paint today. I made this postcard, it is about 4"x5". I made it with the Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday challenge in mind, the theme, STENCIL IT. I used the Crafter's Workshop Mini Gears stencil, Distress Paint and tissue.

Below are a couple of photos, click to see each one a bit bigger:) Thanks for looking! I really am happy you stopped by today!!

This is the complete postcard. I love the texture the tissue stamped and stenciled images add to the project. The base paper was embossed then colored with Dylusions spray to highlight the raised portions.




I stenciled the mini gears onto tissue paper using black archival ink. Once dry, and it dries quick!, I used distress paint on the non-stick craft mat and dipped the stencil and stamped tissue into it.









After everything was dry, I tore apart pieces and started layering! I love how each layer melts into the previous one. The archival ink does not run or smear when wet. The distress paint stays clean and clear too. The Dylusions spray inks do run when re-wetted with the gel medium I used in layering. But that effect I like as well, I just get my fingers inky and pasty and push it all around, the color bleed is really nice so it's all good:)

Thanks again and make sure to check out all the awesome projects at Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenge.




1 comment:

  1. A great stencil choice, and love all the colors! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.