Sunday, January 4, 2015

APCC Week 15~Altered Playing Card Challenge

Hello!

This is the next set of Altered Playing Cards, Week 15.

Almost caught up!

I used this week to catch up on my card pairs for the Altered Playing Card Challenge with the lovely hostess Claudine! You can see all the details HERE.



This week's theme was using embossing paste and ink sprays. I love these! The paste is such fun to play with and I adore the bright colors of spray ink!


I used a circle stencil by Plaid with my homemade texture paste. Once it dried I sprayed the card with Dylusions spray inks. Once I got the colors where I wanted them, I sprinkled some rock salt onto a few spots to get the fun extra texture and color spots. 

This adorable owl is a digital stamp I won from a challenge with 2 Cute Ink, Owl Doodle. I love this cutie! I colored her with Bic Mark It pens and Sharpie Markers.


The stamps I used here are SandyLion, that I found at a dollar store. I love the scribble quality they have. The images are stamped with Archival Ink, Jet Black and Fern Green. The rest are Distress Ink,  Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade. The paper has a really nice bumpy texture which I think really added to the nice feel to the flowers. The sentiment is Dyan Reaveley another phrase I adore:)


I really love how both cards came out and they are both techniques I will be playing with more!

Have a great day!
~kim

1 comment:

  1. These are just beautiful, love all the bright vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.