Tuesday, March 10, 2015

APCC Week 25~Altered Playing Card Challenge

Another Two for Tuesday!

Today I have my week 25 card pair done! The time is going quick as is this year, just WOW

You can see and join the fun HERE at Claudine's blog. We are on week 25 of this 26 week project and I cannot believe it has gone so fast! If you want to play along, it is totally fine! There is a Facebook group that we post in and it will carry on, so everyone is welcome to join up anytime.

This week's prompt is using glossy paper and re-inkers. The effect is so beautiful and I urge you to hop over to Claudine's blog to see the results on her lovely post, HERE.

Please click each image to see them bigger, thanks!


I do not have glossy paper and the only re-inker I have is Jet Black Archival. I wanted bright colors and more than just one :)   So adapting to what I have on hand, I used rubbing alcohol 91% and some alcohol inks.

I dropped the ink onto my craft mat and added some rubbing alcohol. I had some cards covered with gesso and I sprayed some rubbing alcohol on them. Take care to not inhale the rubbing alcohol mist. 

Then I pressed the gesso'd cards into the color puddles and set aside, propped up a bit to make the ink run. I sprayed a bit more alcohol on them.

I am very happy with the soft blooms of color! 


I used Vera Lane Studio digital stamps on both cards. I love her images, they are so fun and fun to color. I got kinda color crazy with them :)

I used a star stencil and Distress Paint on the background. I outlined and doodled with my white gelly roll pen.


On this card I used a dot stencil and Archival Ink for the dots. The sentiment is a small Heidi Swapp stamp.

Both digi stamps are colored with Bics and Sharpies.

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

~hugs~

~kim



5 comments:

  1. Wow, even though you didn't have the same supplies, these really came out fabulous. I love e outcome of what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Kim! I love the fun, quirky feeling of those stamps and the wonderful colours! Well done! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - these are amazing!!! I love The bright colours and the images are so cute!! Gorgeousness!!! Hugs, Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are STUNNING. I like what you used, and was thrilled to see another person who used alcohol. Your cards turned out SO colorful and adorable. Color me completely impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your playing cards! So cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.